Thursday, June 19, 2008

Early early morning...


I'm back from France! I woke up at 3:45am this morning and went to sleep at 7pm yesterday. Hopefully in a day or two my biological clock will readjust to this time zone.

It feels wonderful to wake up at 4am because I am so efficient and get a lot of things done this early in the morning. I have known people who actually start work at 4am for that reason! I'm not sure how long this early awakening will last though, I don't think I can sustain it for long. But it would be so nice to wake up to the sunrise every morning, go on a walk, write emails/clean/catch up on things before the day even "begins"!

The wedding day was amazing....with white roses in michelle's hair and in the trees by the place they stood to get married, the weather was perfect and sunny, it was relaxed and casual yet elegant and beautiful...different people gave readings during the ceremony-- Thomas' sister Pia read an excerpt from The Little Price, and Michelle's cousin Jeremy read from Ernest Hemingway's Farewell to Arms. Afterwards everyone mingled over drinks and snacks, snapping photos and talking...then we had a really nice dinner. Michelle made place cards with name tags tied to bundles of dried lavender. It was wonderful to see michelle so genuinely happy during the day...releasing the most positive energy as possible from her special soul :-)

Thomas' mother gave them a framed picture of her and her husband with their actual wedding ring and their parents with their wedding ring and then the great grandparents with the wedding ring. That was one of the most special things I've ever seen!!

I took so many pictures at my sister's wedding and trip to France-- with the change in scenery and new beautiful things everywhere I carried my SLR manual camera almost everywhere I went taking photographs in Provence. I can't wait to develop them....I took one roll of black and white film and another to finish, which I'm excited about developing in a darkroom. The trip definitely reacquainted me with the camera I used to adore and forgot about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wedding sounded beautiful..Oh, and I heart A Farewell to Arms!