Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bus on a saturday...


I spent my Saturday morning taking the bus to mainstreet in Ames. I got off at the City Hall and walked down the street to the public library where I chose six dvd's to check out and returned books/dvd's I checked out last weekend. They are all non-fiction dvd's (except for one video of six feet under) about different artists/people. Right now, though I'm watching Melinda and Melinda I saw my family happened to have-- I love woody allen movies!


Then after the library, I walked to Wheetsfield Grocery food coop which is right next to the library. Different things in Ames surprise me, this food coop being one of them. It is a great organic food co-op-- it's big and the selection is really great. I've visited quite a few co-ops and this is relatively great. I got food there, which I desparately need because all my family eats are meat, burger king, and frozen pizzas most of the time which is opposite of me who eats mainly organic vegetarian food. I'm unusual to my family and whenever the topic of food comes up they look at me like I'm an alien :)


So I took the bus home with my cloth bag full of groceries...then I did laundry with some new detergent I bought at Wheetsfield and made lunch...I have the rest of the day at home so I'll probably do cleaning and work on my research project. Tomorrow I'm going to walk to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ames and go to the 10am service-- there is also a meditation group there I might attend tomorrow evening. Other than that I will spend this memorial day weekend finishing up my data analysis for work on Tuesday and preparing more for the wedding.

No comments: