Friday, May 16, 2008

Bridesmaide preparations!


Today was my first day of work for my new job! It was great...and then tonight I started finalizing some of the plans for my sister's wedding, which will be in Provence, France, June 14th. I bought shoes from Target online,

So pretty....and then I thought I would have to pay money to get my bridesmaid dress altered but after I tried it on and my step mom, Monika, and I looked at it, we decided we can make a few small changes ourselves. The halter strap needs to be shortened a few inches, we can add elastic to the front, and cut off a couple inches of the bottom. Yay! Also, there was a huge pen mark on the front of the dress (my sister got it at a vera wang sample sale in nyc where she lives) and Monika gave me the tip of rubbing alcohol into the pen mark....it worked like magic! No more pen mark! Now I don't need to buy a huge ribbon belt to cover it up.

I still need to buy a strapless bra I think, and my sister will lend me pearl earrings. I'm excited for the wedding...the first photo above is a picture of the bridesmaid dress my sister found for 25$ but it is in a honeydew melon color and there is no ribbon at the waist, although I would really like to add one :)

No comments: